Classic Analog Drum Machine with 16 Drum Sounds, 64 Step Sequencer, Wave Designer and Dual-Mode Filter
- Amazing drum machine with authentic analog sound engine to create the classic sound performance
- 16 original drum sounds with additional parameters and global Accent capability
- Modern and versatile workflow provides enhanced playability, enabling you to create captivating live performances
- Powerful 64-step drum sequencer supports poly-meter, step-repeat, note-repeat, real-time triggering, track-mute and track-solo
- Integrated FX bus features Wave Designer and dual-mode Analog Filter with per voice assignment
- Live recording, editing and playback of Analog Filter cutoff via automation
- Storage of up to 16 songs and 256 patterns, all of which can be imported/exported during playback for unlimited songs and patterns
- Pattern Mode allows arrangement of patterns into full songs and setting number of repeats per song part
- Song Mode allows chaining songs together for live sets and expanded compositions
- Unique Auto Scroll feature enables improvisation in all modes
- Comprehensive MIDI In/Out/Thru and USB implementation for synchronization and connection to external devices
- Sync options include USB, MIDI, Clock and Internal for maximum versatility
- 11 independent analog outputs for external processing or recording your rhythms as multi-track audio
- Powerful headphone and main outputs on 1/4" connectors
- High-visibility LED display makes it easy to verify program parameters
- Robust encoder for editing parameters such as Tempo, Swing, Probability, Flam and Random
- 16 vintage-style step buttons with bold LED indicators for easy pattern creation
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.
The RHYTHM DESIGNER RD-8 provides all the tools you need to become a master beat-maker, including: 16 drum sounds; a 64-step sequencer; Wave Designer and dual-mode filter – for a full-fledged drum machine that'll shake the house! Whether you're new to drum programming or a seasoned pro looking to upgrade your setup, the RD-8 has everything you need to step up to the big time.
Great care has been taken in designing the RD-8 to achieve new possibilities in beat creation by reviving a timeless analog design from one of the most-classic drum machines of yesteryear. By taking a fresh and modern approach on a classic drum machine, the RD-8 gives you the power to harness the phenomenal sound of the 808 and tap into some new features as well. Colossal bass drums through to sizzling hi-hats can be manipulated to elevate your rhythm performance to the next level. This is an analog beat-making monster!
Live Performance Beat Master
Built to enhance the way you perform, the RD-8 boasts all-new features for live use in each of the sequencer modes including step repeat, note repeat, real-time triggering and live step-overdubbing. This makes it easy to enable recording in pattern launch mode, so you can build song structures on-the-fly and switch back to manual mode at the touch of a button. Then you are free to add some excitement with the autofill feature and to introduce more variations. You can even cue up another song from memory without interrupting playback, allowing you to perform entire sets from start to finish – just using your RD-8!
Powerful & Feature-Rich Sequencer
The RD-8 features one of the most powerful step sequencers ever created, which provides much-improved workflows over the original. The 64-step sequencer also includes storage for up to 256 patterns and 16 songs, allowing the creation of song arrangements ranging from ultra-simple to incredibly complex.
Wave Designer & Dual-Mode Filter
The integrated Wave Designer has individual attack and sustain controls that can be applied to individual voices to bring another dimension to your drum beats. This provides yet another way to control sounds to build virtually unlimited – and awesome new tones. Additionally, RD-8’s highly-flexible dual-mode 12 dB filter button toggles between LPF and HPF, allowing you to experiment with the cutoff frequency and resonance controls to create out of this world beats. And those fluid sweeps can be recorded straight into the sequencer and further tweaked using the step editor.
RD-8’s robust encoder lets you set separate chain preferences for each of your parameters, allowing them to function globally or to switch on when a song or pattern changes. Parameters include tempo, swing, flam, probability, independent track mutes/solos, FX bus assignments, filter modes and sweeps for enhanced real-time control. Patterns can be changed on-the-fly for further creative control when using the RD-8 as the heart of your live setup.
To bring the RD-8 into the modern age, USB connectivity has been added for sync and MIDI triggering. This enables the RD-8 to be controlled by your DAW if desired, allowing songs and patterns to be swapped or individual sounds to be triggered.
The RD-8 has 29 knobs, 5 switches and 59 buttons, all laid out in a highly-intuitive format that puts the fun back into your beat creation. Input and output connections include: Phones; Mono audio; MIDI In, Out and Thru over USB and 5 pin MIDI ports; and 11 independent analog outputs for external processing or recording your rhythms as multitrack audio. With its 3 trigger outs, the RD-8 lets you control external synths and hardware sequencers to create songs without a digital audio workstation (DAW) in sight. The RD-8 can also send and receive clock information with highly-accurate timing to sync it to the outside world.