Expert Sleepers - FH-2
The FH-2 is an 8HP Eurorack module combining the following functions:
MIDI to CV conversion including polyphonic and MPE operation.
- The FH-2 is simultaneously a USB MIDI host, a USB MIDI device, and also supports traditional 5-pin DIN MIDI.
- Support for drum triggers including triggers with velocity or accents.
- Support for automatic VCO calibration (similar to that in Silent Way).
Clock generation and synchronisation.
- MIDI clock (in and out), analogue clock (in and out), or internal clock (BPM or tap tempo).
- LFO generation, including tempo-synced LFOs.
- Euclidean pattern generators.
The module can be completely configured via its own UI, but a convenient web-based configuration tool is also available here, which communicates with the module directly via MIDI SysEx.
The FH-2's specifications are as follows:
- Panel width: 8HP
- Module depth: 48mm
- Current draw: 118mA on the +12V rail, 48mA on the -12V railplus
- the power requirement of any attached USB device. See the
- for information on calculating the current draw on the +12V rail from the USB device.
- Outputs: 8
- Digital-to-analogue conversion: 14 bit
- Voltage range: software selectable between ±5V, 0-10V
- Inputs: 2 CV inputs
- USB host:
- Type A connector
- Class Compliant USB MIDI host.
- Class Compliant USB HID host (for mice, gamepads etc.).
- Supports USB hubs.
- USB device:
- Type C connector
- Class Compliant USB MIDI device (plug'n'play with macOS, Windows, Linux and iOS).
- Controls: 1 rotary encoder (with push button), 1 push button
- 0.91" OLED display
For more detail, please see the user manual.