Schmidt 8-Voice Polyphonic Synthesizer [DARK]
FREIGHT SHIPMENT / PAYMENT MUST BE ARRANGED AFTER PURCHASE.
Brand new 2022 Schmidt synthesizer assembled in late summer/early fall of this year. Prices are down approximately 10% as we are passing on the savings of the strong dollar versus the euro to you. The reputation, quality, and full polyphonic sound are here and now is the time if you are so inclined. Price includes delivery in a custom flight case anywhere in the USA.
If you want more information or are in the greater Los Angeles area and want to hear a Schmidt in person, we have one at the shop so please give us a call at 909-622-4556.
Almost every product in our world of today – also an electronic musical instrument – has been optimized in terms of commercial viability and market value. Inevitably, the resulting product is more or less just that -- nothing but a widely accepted compromise. Schmidt is totally unlike that! Schmidt has been created without any compromise whatsoever in mind.
Schmidt is the dream come true of an engineer dedicated to sound. A synthesizer, conceived and perfected in close collaboration with musicians and music producers, brought to life in the most uncompromising way imaginable.
Perfection is not just a word: The sound of Schmidt is simply unique, as are its user interface and build quality – a bold statement against the fast-paced and superficial age we live in.
Schmidt is a thoroughbred analog eight-voice polyphonic synthesizer with unison and true multitimbrality mode. It sports full MIDI implementation with USB port and complete programmability. The signal path is fully analog with precise digital control.
Schmidt´s sound generation engine features virtually everything that subtractive synthesis is endowed with – and even more: Schmidt gives you truly unique features that have never been implemented in an analog synthesizer before, not to speak of polyphonic units! Think of Multi-PWM and Multi-Ring Modulation.
Every single parameter – even for the most complex modulation routings you might envisage – can be accessed directly using dedicated front panel controls and switches. No more browsing through mind-boggling and confusing menus.
Thanks to programmable high-quality realtime controls (pitch and modulation wheel, stick controller, and aftertouch, as well as several inputs for footswitches and expression pedals), Schmidt has become a real performance synthesizer that feels as good as it sounds.
Schmidt is made to match the highest production standards – it has entirely been hand-crafted in Germany. The casing, made of metal and carefully selected wood, keeping a close eye on enviromental sustainability, is as beautiful as it is sturdy and robust.
- eight-voice polyphonic, true analog synthesizer with digital control and preset memories
- discrete sound generation circuitry (no integrated oscillator / filter circuits on one single chip)
- You want Schmidt to sound like an entire orchestra? Have a go at Schmidt's eight-part multimode. Simply select the desired preset sound, voice allocation, keyboard mapping, MIDI channel, controller-assignment, tuning, volume, panning, and output routing for each multimode part in an easy-to-survey LCD screen. Enjoy sounds as complex and dynamic as you never would have expected from one single instrument.
- separate audio outputs for each voice, plus summing outputs and headphone out
- 1,028 single sound presets
- 256 multi sound presets
- 61 keys, semi-weighted, with velocity and aftertouch
- sophisticated glide/portamento capabilities
- several realtime modifiers fully programmable per preset (modwheel, stick controller, keyboard-aftertouch, four foot switches, four expression pedals)
- complete MIDI implementation, MIDI via USB port and DIN sockets
- all sound programming functions with dedicated frontpanel controls and switches
- precise information on parameter names and current values via large LC-display
- multi-color LEDs
- control panel with adjustable angle
- internal universal power supply
- flightcase included
- four different oscillators with countless complementary features and outstanding modulation routings (square, sawtooth, noise, PWM, sync, ringmodulation, multiple PWM and multiple ringmodulation). Even on oscillator level, Schmidt offers amazing sonic capabilities not to be found with any other polyphonic hardware synthesizer
- two parallel signal paths, each with complex filter sections (24dB Moog-style ladder filter, two 12dB multimode filters), provide two different variations of a sound simultaneously – within every single sound!
- level and panning modulation provides dynamic mixing, crossfading and stereo panning of both sound variations
- additional third VCF for even more of that lovely filter squelch
- a wide variety of modulation sources (LFOs, envelopes, ramp generators, velocity etc.) for oscillators, filters, and VCAs. Each section features dedicated LFOs and/or envelopes. No modulation matrix required – and still as flexible as a fully-fledged modular system!