Waldorf - Quantum
Quantum harnesses the raw power of digital and analog hybrid synthesis to deliver futuristic sounds only possible with today’s highly programmable software synths. Waldorf packs this power into a sleek, user-friendly physical plant designed for the modern synthesist. With its large screen, inviting control panel, and high-quality keybed, Quantum inspires your wildest creative impulses. Descending from legendary synthesizers like the Waldorf Wave, Waldorf’s proprietary wavetable oscillator technology forms Quantum's core. However, Quantum takes synthesis beyond what was previously thought possible with more oscillators, more algorithms, and more ways to modulate them. Combined with Waldorf’s inimitable analog filters, you've got a hybrid synth like no other.
Years of painstaking development have led to Waldorf's groundbreaking new flagship synth: Quantum. Beginning with Waldorf’s proprietary wavetable technology developed decades ago, Waldorf has always striven to give their instruments a powerful, yet flexible core. The company's digital oscillators, coupled with the immense power and efficient simplicity of their beautiful-sounding analog filters helped jump-start the digital revolution back in the 1980s. Quantum cements Waldorf's legacy in the pantheon of truly great synthesizers. With significant nods to legendary Waldorf synthesizers of yesteryear, plus an elegantly engineered interface and a bevy of features never before seen on hardware synths, the Quantum is truly a flagship synth to be reckoned with.
With Quantum, Waldorf spared no expense. That’s why they chose a premium synth-weighted keybed: the Fatar TP8. Fatar is famous among keyboardists for making some of the highest quality keybeds on the planet. The TP8 keybed on the Quantum is highly responsive, feels incredible, and is durable enough for years of tough touring. Quantum has eight voices, each with three oscillators and two filters — adding up to a formidable 24 voices and 16 analog filters. And those voices can be split or layered multitimbrally for even more sonic versatility. Quantum has an auxiliary pair of audio outputs specifically for use in multitimbral mode. With Quantum’s massive arsenal of algorithmic oscillators on tap, you've got immense sonic possibilities!
• Digital/analog hybrid architecture
• 61-key Fatar TP8 Keybed
• 8 Voices, plus multitimbrality
• 3 stereo digital oscillators per voice, each capable of four synthesis algorithms
• Wavetable creation from audio and sample-based synthesis
• 2 analog lowpass filters per voice
• Visualization and deeper sound editing via multi-touch display
• Superior key controls, Arpeggiator, and Step Sequencer
• 6 LFOs and 6 Loopable envelopes with multistage LFO/Env modulator
• 5 master effects with separate sections for each timbre
• Internal Memory plus expandable SD slot for firmware and samples
• Extensive suite of I/O including USB host/device and multiple stereo outs
• Analog/Digital:Digital-Analog Hybrid
• Number of Keys:61
• Type of Keys:Fatar TP8 Keybed, Touch-sensitive
• Storage:SD card slot
• Number of Effects:5 master effects
• Oscillators:3 x Digital Oscillators (Wavetable, Classical, Granular Sampler, Resonator)
• Filter:2 x Analog Lowpass
• LFO:6 x LFO (polyphonic/global mode)
• Audio Inputs:2 x 1/4"
• Audio Outputs:2 x 1/4" (main), 2 x 1/4" (aux),
• USB:1 x Type B, 1 x Type A
• MIDI I/O:In/Out/Thru/USB
• Pedal Inputs:1 x 1/4" (sustain), 1 x 1/4" (control)
• Power Supply:Standard IEC AC cable
• Manufacturer Part Number:Quantum