Analogue Systems - RS-130 Programmable Scale Generator (USED)
*Module is in perfect working order*
The Programmable Scale Generator exceeds the possibilities of an ordinary quantiser module.
While a quantiser usually is chromatic only and with a little luck it allows major and minor scales, a programmable scale generator like the RS-130 makes it possible to freely program scales beyond the customary semitone scale with all their derivates. Scales with quarter-note or eighth-note intervals are possbile which is important e.g. for indian or oriental music. Two modes determine when quantisation takes place: in "free run" it happens only when input voltage changes. In "gate" mode quantisation happens when the RS-130 receives a gate signal.
Six quantisation modes are available:
- Quantiser: Acts as a normal chromatic quantiser for semitones
- C major scale: when offset = 0 and no CV at the transpose input it creates only a C major scale (C, D, E, F, G, A, B)
- C minor scale: when offset = 0 and no CV is present at the transpose in, only a C minor is created (C, D, Eb, F, G, Ab, Bb)
- C major Arpeggio: when offset = 0 and no CV is present at the transpose in, only a C major arpeggio is created (C, E, G)
- C minor arpeggio: when offset = 0 and no CV is present at the transpose in, only a C minor apreggio is created (C, Eb, G)
- user memory mode: creates user programmed scales.
When setting a fixed voltage with the offset control (0-2V, ie. two octaves offset), you apply a fixed transposition to the scale. Any possible scale can be set when you use the transpose CV inputs in addition. At each quantisation process a trigger signal will fired at the trig out which you can use for clocking a sequencer or a launching envelopes.
Power consumption: 110mAHP : 24