Modal Electronics - 008R (USED)
Used in Mint Condition.
- 008R provides eight discrete voices of polyphony with an uncompromising analogue architecture utilising the highest grade components throughout
- Two 100% analogue VCO’s per voice with two sub oscillators, providing sawtooth, triangle, square with PWM and noise. Each of the waveforms can be blended together to provide completely new complex wave shapes
- Innovative and extremely flexible 15 multi-mode filter, consisting of traditional modes such as low-pass, band-pass and high-pass as well as more unusual notch, phase and combination modes.
- Filter overdrive enables the sound to be driven to sonic extremes
- A range of classic analogue polysynth features such as oscillator and filter FM bringing amazing sonic power
- Two LFO’s, both capable of reaching audio rates with multiple wave shapes and midi sync
- 11 modulation sources with unlimited destinations. Each destination can be set its own unique depth, a super smooth sample rate of 10kHz
- 008R features a range of sequencing options – a built in 2 Track, 12 row, 32 step sequencer with MIDI sync capabilities. Sequences can also be transposed dynamically while running
- A very highly featured arpeggiator with a wide range of different modes, including ‘hold’ mode, enabling arpeggiator-based sequences to be created
- The Modal Animator, a note-triggered parameter sequencer, allowing for complex filter transisitions, oscillator changes and much more to be sequenced
- Ethernet port to connect your 008R to your network and enable updates via the internet (no more midi sysex dumps) and access to the Modal Electronics cloud features
- Two part multi-timbral (bi timbral) allowing splits across a keyboard or stacks to create amazingly complex sounds
- Superb UI, a great departure from the norm of synthesisers, featuring a very high quality 4.3″ screen with wide viewing angle
- Eight ‘quick recall slots’ are accessible directly from the front panel, enabling performing musicians to get rid of their set sheets and build set lists of presets, all quickly accessible from dedicated front panel buttons. Up to 100 banks of quick recalls can be created, making live performance a doddle
- Ultra fast (1ms) VCF and VCA envelope generators. VCF-EG is one of the 11 modulation sources that can be freely assigned to any parameter by it’s own unique amount
- Four Key Modes – Polyphonic, Monophonic, Unison and Stack
- Voice control parameters are easily accessible using the Modal Quick Navigate dials to quickly control page, parameter and value.
- The power of 008R becomes really apparent when used with the Modal Web Interface, no need for a plugin, use any HTML5 compatible web browser (Chrome, Safari, Firefox etc.) on any platform that supports a browser (laptop, desktop, tablet or phone) for full external control and editing of all of 008R’s functions
- Optional Digital Input/Output board providing multi-voice audio inputs and outputs over USB, allows the synth to appear as a USB-MIDI device on any computer, and provides Chorus, Echo and Reverb FX
- USB-MIDI Host Port – Directly connect Class-Compliant USB-MIDI devices (such as USB-MIDI keyboards), allowing for computer-free USB-MIDI setups
- Two audio inputs enabling audio processing from the VCF onwards plus external MIDI in and out
- Fits into a 3U 19″ audio rack