Behringer - Neutron
Designed around an intuitively-linear workflow, NEUTRON benefits greatly from its semi-modular design, which requires no patching for immediate performance. Just put your NEUTRON into self-oscillation, connect your favorite keyboard or computer via MIDI over DIN or USB – and start exploring the world of analog music synthesis right out-of-the-box.
True to the Classics
Great care has been taken in designing the NEUTRON to ensure it is true to the circuitry of the classic synthesizers that made musical history. This highly-focused attention to detail is what gives the NEUTRON its ultra-flexible sound shaping capability, which covers everything from super-fat bass and lead tones, stunning effects, progressive organ sounds – and all the way out to the otherworldly sounds of your imagination.
Big, Fat Tones
The inspired synthesizer tracks laid down in the 1970s and ’80s are etched in the annals of progressive rock, wave and synth-pop music forever, making them truly classic in every sense of the word. NEUTRON’s pure analog signal path with legendary VCO, VCF and VCA circuits, lets you recreate all of that magic – or design incredibly fat and original sounds that will make you a legend in your own right!
VCO Double Play
NEUTRON’s highly-flexible dual Voltage Controlled Oscillators (VCOs) provide an incredible range using 5 unique waveforms for sculpting the perfect sound. Oscillators 1 and 2 options include: Tone Mod; Square; Sawtooth; Triangular or Sine; which can be adjusted across an extremely-wide, 3-octave range (32', 16', 8'). This amazing flexibility gives you all the tools to be your creative best.
12 dB State Variable Filter and VCA
The very heart of NEUTRON’s sound is its highly-flexible 12 dB State Variable Filter, which lets you freely experiment with the cutoff Frequency (10 Hz - 15 kHz), Modulation and Envelope Depth to dial in the perfect sound. NEUTRON’s Filter Mode switch provides 3 settings (high pass, band pass and low pass) for a broad range of tonal options. Additionally, support for filter Keytracking enables you to select the amount of filtering that is applied to the note being played. The VCA can even be overloaded via NEUTRON’s Overdrive circuit to add insane spice and edge to your sounds – without saying “goodbye” to your precious low-end content.FEATURES
- Paraphonic synthesizer with authentic dual 3340 analog oscillators for insanely fat music creation
- Pure analog signal path based on legendary VCO design to recreate classic sound performance
- Semi-modular architecture with default routings requires no patching for immediate performance
- Oscillator waveform control blends seamlessly between 5 shapes (tone mod, pulse, sawtooth, triangle, sine)
- Individual pulse width / tone mod control provides ultimate sounds
- Paraphonic mode allows both oscillators to be independently controlled
- Self-oscillating, multi-mode VCF with dual output (e.g. LP+HP available on jacks)
- 2 analog ADSR generators for modulation of VCF and VCA
- Multiple stage analog delay based on legendary BBD (Bucket Brigade Delay) technology
- Flexible LFO with five waveform shapes, MIDI clock sync and key sync
- Noise generator dramatically expands waveform generation
- Overdrive circuit adds rich analog warmth and edge to your sounds
- 36 controls and 7 buttons give you direct and real time access to all parameters
- Utility functions including attenuators, multiples, slew rate limiter and summers for creative patching flexibility
- 32 in / 24 out jack matrix for an incredible amount of patching options
- Patchable audio-rate sample and hold with glide for added creativity
- Powerful headphone output with dedicated level control
- External audio input for processing external sound sources
- Comprehensive USB/Midi implementation for connection to keyboard/sequencer
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in the U.K.