Dove Audio - D502 Multimode VCF MU
The D502 Multimode filter is based on the SSI2140 VCF chip. This chip has a unique stucture and gives it a different sound to most 4 pole filters.
You are able to select which of the 4 poles is fed to the output, giving you instant access to 4pole low pass, 3 pole low pass, 2 pole low pass and 1 pole low pass at the flick of a switch!
However it doesn’t stop there, you are able to make the first two poles into high pass poles, allowing all kinds of interesting filter topologies, for example you can easily get the following filter modes.
- 1 pole low pass
- 2 pole low pass
- 3 pole low pass
- 4 pole low pass
- 1 pole high pass + 1 pole low pass (1 pole bandpass)
- 1 pole high pass + 3 pole low pass
- 1 pole high pass + 2 pole low pass
- 2 pole high pass + 1 pole low pass
- 2 pole high pass + 2 pole low pass (2 pole bandpass)
- 2 pole high pass
- 1 pole low pass with special resoance drive
- 1 pole high pass with special resoance drive + 1 pole low pass (1 pole bandpass with a gnarly sound)