Free State FX - Lopass Gate
The Free State FX Lopass Gate is a vactrol based VCF and/or VCA based on the Buchla 292C module. Feeding a trigger in to the CV input creates the classic bongo and percussive sounds that made the vintage circuit so sought after, and expands upon it's sonic abilities by incorporating resonance while in filter mode. We loved what Phil at Megaohm did with his resonance modifications, and with his approval we adapted his unique feedback design in to our circuit (but with a few tweaks of our own).
Modes of Operation:
Filter: Resonant Voltage Controlled Lowpass Filter
Both: Classic 'Lopass Gate' Setting. Combination VCF and VCA.
Amp: Voltage Controlled Amplifier with fast on time and natural release.
- Vactec VTL5C3/2 Vactrol for classic sound and response
- Can be used as a VCF, VCA, or both
- FM Input with Inverting Level Control
- dotcom Power Header
- All thru-hole PCB components (no SMD)
- Shallow - module depth only 1.75"
- 1/4" Switchcraft Jacks