Synthetic Sound Labs - Mini Sequencer
The SSL Model 1650 is a handy, compact 16 Step Mini Sequencer in 2 MU. Cascadeable – with Accent, CV and Gate outputs.
We have collaborated with our friends at Division-6 to bring you this handy 1650 Mini Sequencer in 2 MU.
The 1650 gives you standard CV and gate out, plus an ACC out (Accent? Accessory?) Use the ACC output to open up a filter, enable a glide, trigger a drum, or whatever you can think of.
It has its own internal clock to get you up and running in a hurry, but you can connect an external clock if you need greater control of tempo or want to sync with other devices.
The module will store your latest sequence even when the power has been removed.
- CLOCK IN (External clock input)
- START IN (Expansion input; Starts sequencer back at step 1. Use for daisy-chaining multiple units)
- END OUT (Sends pulse when sequencer goes past last step. Use for daisy-chaining multiple units)
- CV OUT
- GATE OUT
- ACC OUT (Can be programmed on or off in each sequence step)
- CV OUT covers 5 octaves, and can be tuned using rear-accessible trim pot
- Sequences can be set to any length up to 16 steps by using LOOP feature
- Setting a step to REST holds previous pitch and doesn’t fire GATE
- In Standby mode, sequencer can be used as a tiny keyboard without altering programmed sequences
You can also cascade multiple 1650’s to create longer, more complex and syncopated patterns. Why would you need more than one sequencer?
- More sequencers = more steps
- Use one for playing notes and the other for transposing those notes
- Can be used as a clock divider
- Run in parallel for multiple CVs / triggers
The two sequencers will run completely independently, or you can daisy-chain them using the START IN / END OUT jacks to create sequences of any length.