Tangible Waves - 2ATT/CV
2ATT/CV contains two units of a simple level attenuator for any kind of signal. Optional you can switch to voltage mode and get manually controllable CV on the outputs.
Module power consumption: 4 mA
- IN1 - accept any CV or audio signal
- IN2 - accept any CV or audio signal
- Bus CV - CV signal from MIDI
- Bus Gate - Gate signal from MIDI
- 1 - attenuated signal from IN1
- 2 - attenuated signal from IN2
- Switch IN1/+5 - switch between attenuating signal from IN1 or issue CV between 0-5V
- Switch IN2/+5 - switch between attenuating signal from IN2 or issue CV between 0-5V
- Pot Level 1 - depending on switch 1 attenuate signal from IN1 or select CV level between 0-5V
- Pot Level 2 - depending on switch 2 attenuate signal from IN1 or select CV level between 0-5V
Attenuating CV can be very useful in a variety of situations. A simple example is to control the tonal range of a sample and hold patch, where the output of the S&H can be attenuated to a lower pitch range before being sent to an oscillator.