Tangible Waves - FILTER (WASP TYPE)
This filter module is a variant of the Wasp filter, a quite strange circuit used first in the EDP Wasp synth end of the seventies, which abuses digital chips in an analog way leading to the characteristic sound of this filter type. In this module, vactrols are used for controlling the filter frequency.
NOTE: This module has been upgraded. Version 1 has only one signal input (IN), while version 2 has two signal inputs for high-pass and low-pass. See inputs.
Module power consumption: 3 mA
- IN - (v1 only) audio signal going through the filter
- IN H - (v2 only) main audio input signal
- IN L - (v2 only) optional additional input signal that will be mixed together with the main signal
- CV 1 - accepts CV control for cutoff frequency, this will affect all three filter curves
- CV 2 - additional CV control for cutoff frequency, this will also affect all three filter curves
- LP - low pass filter output
- BP - band pass filter output
- HP - high pass filter output
- BUS CV - this sits below the input jacks on the left side and will output CV pitch from a connected MIDI device
- BUS CTRL - this sits below the input jacks on the left side and will output the MIDI control message from a connected MIDI device.
- FREQ Knob - cuttoff frequency
- CV 1 Knob - control voltage attenuator
- RESONANCE Knob
Here's a patch for a low pass gate:
- Any signal -> WASP (IN L)
- WASP (LP) -> VCA (IN1)
- ENV (OUT) -> WASP (CV1)
- ENV (OUT) -> VCA (CV1)