Tangible Waves - Racklink
This is actually 2 modules with a connecting cable. This is for joining 2 of the original AE Modular racks together - these modules are not needed for the current racks.
The sockets on the left (usually input) side of the AE Module are actually outputs created from Midi via the Master module and AE Modular bus.
- CV - midi note selection changes value
- CV - ditto
- Gate - +5V signal when key/pad is pressed/held
- Gate - ditto
- Ctrl - CV created by controller assigned to Midi CC20
- Clock - midi clock (96 pulses per quarter note)
- Start - Pulse of +5V when Midi start is pressed.
- Stop - Pulse of +5V when Midi stop is pressed
The sockets labelled 1-8 on the right (usually output) side of the AE module are bi-directional. The idea is you can patch from one rack to the other without having your patch cable having to go across the gap; this can be very helpful as it is quite easy to knock the longer patch wires out.
The DIP switch panel lets you select which signals will go to the 2nd rack. Not sure why you would want to stop one, but nice facility to have for trouble shooting etc.
The Racklink is useful to give you more bus CV/clock outs but owners of newer AE Modular cases should not need these modules.